Work for Us
Job opportunity at Pharmaseekers Head Office
Locum Coordinator Starter
Location: Darwen, Lancashire
Salary: From £16,000 – £22,000 per annum
Job type: Full Time – Permanent
ARE YOU A PERSUASIVE COMMUNICATOR WITH A MOTIVATION TO PROVIDE A FIRST-CLASS SERVICE IN A FAST-PACED ENVIRONMENT?
We are a leading pharmacist placement agency based in Darwen with a reputation based on recommendation and referral. We pride ourselves on meeting and exceeding our client’s expectations.
WHAT IS A LOCUM COORDINATOR?
A locum coordinator is a fully trained specialist in assigning temporary work placements (shifts) with self-employed pharmacy staff (locums). Locum coordinators are also tasked with using administrative skills to maintain excellent relationships and accounts with our locum and business clientele.
WHAT IS THE ROLE OF A LOCUM COORDINATOR STARTER?
We’re looking for a new recruit to build a career with our team. Our main goal is to find the right person to nurture and invest in, to eventually become one of our skilled locum coordinators. There is a lot of knowledge and business specific processes to learn before being fully trained. So, you will work on different parts of the business until you know all you need to be able to fulfil all the responsibilities of a locum coordinator.
To begin with, your role will be support based with duties including:
- Using the telephone and emails to effectively communicate with the users of our service.
- Using a variety of computer packages (Microsoft Office) to complete daily admin tasks.
- Using our bespoke computer system to process applications to our service.
- Ongoing training with all members of the team.
As each stage of your training is successfully completed, your responsibilities and salary will increase in line with it.
Duties of a fully trained coordinator are as above and:
- Using our bespoke computer system to allocate temporary work to locums.
- Using the same system to maintain locum and business online accounts.
- Liaising with locum and business clients efficiently to finalise their bookings.
- Resolving payment queries between locum and business clients.
- Providing weekday and out of hours support on a rota basis.
- Additional admin-based duties that are developed in line with business changes.
To be successful you will need to be:
- Persuasive & Confident; have an ability to communicate effectively with locum and corporate clients so they are assured of the quality of our service.
- Resourceful & Self-Motivated; you will need to be someone who can take the knowledge, skills and resources at your disposal to make decisions independently. Being able to use your own initiative is vital.
- Positive & Enthusiastic; show an eagerness to learn & engage with our team and our clients.
- Problem Solver; we’re often faced with challenges at short notice or at difficult times. You need to be able work independently and collaboratively to provide solutions that maintain our high levels of customer service.
- Adaptable; our industry changes all the time and we move with it. You need to be happy with frequent change to business processes.
- Reliable & Accountable; as your career with Pharmaseekers advances, so will your responsibilities. You’ll need to be someone who considers themselves responsible and reliable. As a small team, we depend on each other, so you need to be ready to display commitment to your role. You will need to be able to take accountability for your role within the team in achieving shared goals.
- We match pension contributions up to 5%
- 20 days holidays plus one extra day per year (max of 5 days)
- Training and support from our dedicated team
- Here people can develop, thrive, improve and work with inspirational colleagues and customers
You will work a 37.5 hour week, Monday to Friday with a range of 8 hour shifts between 7.00am to 17:30pm.
You will also need to be available to cover out of hours and weekend support on a rota-basis.
On call duties will begin once successfully completing sufficient training.
! HOW TO APPLY !
Please email your CV to the below email address: